pots still bull shit

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pots still bull shit

Post  Ballistixz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:07 pm

nice to come back to the game and see that pots are STILL fucking killing the game. seriously get rid of them. there is TO HUGE of a fucking "skill gap" between someone that knows how to spam Q and W and someone that doesnt. its fucking ridiculous how stupidly fast you can level or kill someone buy buying pots early game. its breaking the fucking game and hero attack will remain better then CT if this is not fixed.

Ballistixz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Macanas on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:22 pm

You are a fucking noob learn how to use pots

Macanas

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Ballistixz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:31 pm

LOL bro its not that fucking hard to use pots. im saying that it makes the game to fucking easy. get rid of them and the skill ceiling for this game will rise instead of just spamming it early game to get a 1 or 2 shot kill with ulti. dont get rid of it and this game will continue to be shit and only meant for inhouse fags

Ballistixz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Cyclo on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Pots are harder if other people use pots or play positionally. Pots are what makes this game BETTER than Hero Attack which happens to be a simple and boring game. If you use a mana pot and I use a mana pot who wins? That is determined by skill, level, and character choice. In pubs pots are OP since the opposing players don't use pots themselves. The loading screen says to use pots and if pubs use them they do fine.

Cyclo

Posts : 343
Join date : 2011-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Ballistixz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 pm

Cyclo wrote:Pots are harder if other people use pots or play positionally. Pots are what makes this game BETTER than Hero Attack which happens to be a simple and boring game. If you use a mana pot and I use a mana pot who wins? That is determined by skill, level, and character choice. In pubs pots are OP since the opposing players don't use pots themselves. The loading screen says to use pots and if pubs use them they do fine.

so explain why CT has fallen to like mid of 2nd page constantly despite new updates? pots. its crap, it takes no skill all it is is a guessing game when it comes right down to it. this game should actually take a note from Hero attack. its at the top of the front page for a reason.

Ballistixz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  pacman on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 pm

... actually ct is on first page (last time i checked was an hour ago)...

nubnubz are so funny Very Happy

i crack up every time i see a pubstar go apeshit about balance. i remember this one guy who was like
"you faggot!!!@!@!#@ YOU WENT DARKFACT SO OP" then he blocked me.

i gotta say, i think you topped that

pacman

Posts : 483
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  imtd on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 am

pacman wrote:... actually ct is on first page (last time i checked was an hour ago)...

nubnubz are so funny Very Happy

i crack up every time i see a pubstar go apeshit about balance. i remember this one guy who was like
"you faggot!!!@!@!#@ YOU WENT DARKFACT SO OP" then he blocked me.

i gotta say, i think you topped that
ct is not on the first lol its on the third

imtd

Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  laerik on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 am

How can pots make unbalance between the two teams when they are equally attainable? Pots are just a step on the skill ladder as well as farming efficiency or something else. When you start to know how/when to use it you will get ahead of less experienced players them nabs.

The thing with ct is that it's almost instant action. The speed ramps up very quick in a game and thats what many of us like but that doesn't suit everybody.

There's also people, sometimes myself lol, that get carried away using way to much pots early (esp. when failing) and effectively gets way behind vs a player that just farmed efficiently and invested for late game.


Edit: TL;DR

It's retarded to balance the game for pubs.
avatar
laerik

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-10-16
Location : Sweden (home of S.A.Naniwa)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Ballistixz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:24 am

laerik wrote:How can pots make unbalance between the two teams when they are equally attainable? Pots are just a step on the skill ladder as well as farming efficiency or something else. When you start to know how/when to use it you will get ahead of less experienced players them nabs.

The thing with ct is that it's almost instant action. The speed ramps up very quick in a game and thats what many of us like but that doesn't suit everybody.

There's also people, sometimes myself lol, that get carried away using way to much pots early (esp. when failing) and effectively gets way behind vs a player that just farmed efficiently and invested for late game.


Edit: TL;DR

It's retarded to balance the game for pubs.

um no. if both are of equal skill and both know how to use pots then it all comes down to quick fingers and u know that for a fact. it has nothing to do with skill what so ever. if ur quicker on pots then u get the kill. plain and simple. arguing any diffrent is just plain wrong.

looking at both this site and the looking at CT in Bnets popularity list its obviously dying from the last time i played this game in my prime. its almost always on page 2 or 3 and that is because of balance issues.

Ballistixz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Plice on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 am

Ballistixz wrote:

um no. if both are of equal skill and both know how to use pots then it all comes down to quick fingers and u know that for a fact. it has nothing to do with skill what so ever. if ur quicker on pots then u get the kill. plain and simple. arguing any diffrent is just plain wrong.

looking at both this site and the looking at CT in Bnets popularity list its obviously dying from the last time i played this game in my prime. its almost always on page 2 or 3 and that is because of balance issues.

Quick fingers is skill. Saying it isn't is dumb, would you say that regular starcraft is totally broken and takes no skill because one player can micro manage better because he has quicker fingers? It is a bad point.

In fact I think the biggest reason that city of tempest is consistently on the second page (Just to make things clear, there are different filters for custom games. If you have it on custom it is on first. If you have it on all it is on second) Is because of how high the skill cap is and how hard it is for a bad player to get there. They don't want to actually improve. All most players want is to be able to play a custom game at a decent level after playing a couple games. City of tempest takes months to actually start even getting close to a good player. Most people don't have the patience for this and opt to play simpler, and easier to understand games such as Hero attack.

Playing against pots requires positioning and an understanding of game timing. Different characters will have different timings on when they will start looking to get a pot kill. If you learn the different timings you'll know when you have to start being careful and playing more positional. Btw in Korea, city of tempest is the number one game. It has over 10,000 more hours played then the second one. Cool It is also 5000 ahead of hero attack on the NA server (it had 16000 when I just checked)


Last edited by Plice on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Plice

Posts : 77
Join date : 2011-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Modesty on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:40 am

I think one of the main reasons of falling popularity is the drop bug.

avatar
Modesty

Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  pacman on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:49 am

the skills required aren't just fast fingers, people!

i know most of u nubs play fang, but us zava/icemage users require that pesky little beast called
"fucking insane aim"


* and on a side note, practice makes perfect: when i started, i played with 40-ish apm. now, when i want to (in battle... not all the time like krk), i can go over 300 apm... fast fingers come with playing the game well, not the other away around.

pacman

Posts : 483
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  laerik on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 am

Ballistixz wrote:
if both are of equal skill and both know how to use pots then it all comes down to quick fingers and u know that for a fact. it has nothing to do with skill what so ever. if ur quicker on pots then u get the kill. plain and simple. arguing any diffrent is just plain wrong.

looking at both this site and the looking at CT in Bnets popularity list its obviously dying from the last time i played this game in my prime. its almost always on page 2 or 3 and that is because of balance issues.

Look at Alexanders casted 1v1 replay where he talks a lot about mindgames, i think. Tricking your enemy into fail his pot is much safer than relying on fast fingers. And i consider fast fingers a skill, albeit one that i dont possess Sad

And balance doesn't even matter in pubs where experience differs very much so i don't understand how that's gonna affect popularity.
avatar
laerik

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-10-16
Location : Sweden (home of S.A.Naniwa)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Ballistixz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 am

Plice wrote:
Ballistixz wrote:

um no. if both are of equal skill and both know how to use pots then it all comes down to quick fingers and u know that for a fact. it has nothing to do with skill what so ever. if ur quicker on pots then u get the kill. plain and simple. arguing any diffrent is just plain wrong.

looking at both this site and the looking at CT in Bnets popularity list its obviously dying from the last time i played this game in my prime. its almost always on page 2 or 3 and that is because of balance issues.

Quick fingers is skill. Saying it isn't is dumb, would you say that regular starcraft is totally broken and takes no skill because one player can micro manage better because he has quicker fingers? It is a bad point.

In fact I think the biggest reason that city of tempest is consistently on the second page (Just to make things clear, there are different filters for custom games. If you have it on custom it is on first. If you have it on all it is on second) Is because of how high the skill cap is and how hard it is for a bad player to get there. They don't want to actually improve. All most players want is to be able to play a custom game at a decent level after playing a couple games. City of tempest takes months to actually start even getting close to a good player. Most people don't have the patience for this and opt to play simpler, and easier to understand games such as Hero attack.

Playing against pots requires positioning and an understanding of game timing. Different characters will have different timings on when they will start looking to get a pot kill. If you learn the different timings you'll know when you have to start being careful and playing more positional. Btw in Korea, city of tempest is the number one game. It has over 10,000 more hours played then the second one. Cool It is also 5000 ahead of hero attack on the NA server (it had 16000 when I just checked)

rofl no. in starcraft its called APM and APM is NO INDICATION OF PLAYER SKILL. you can get away with fairly low APM in SC and still be a pro player. one good example is idra. machanically he is one of the best in the world with his fingers and yet still managest to get beat by players with significantly lower APM then him. so no your logic/point is void because APM/quick fingers do not determine the game in SC and SC2.


also LOL no bro. dota and even marine fucking arena (both of which are constantly on first page) has a higher skill cap then CT. so no that isnt the reason for its low popularity. stop kidding yourself.




Ballistixz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Executioner on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:15 am

dota and even marine fucking arena (both of which are constantly on first page) has a higher skill cap then CT.
Now I know you're retarded. Dota hasnt been on front page in forever and marine arena is easy.
avatar
Executioner

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  shmo11100 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:24 am

pacman wrote:... actually ct is on first page (last time i checked was an hour ago)...

nubnubz are so funny Very Happy

i crack up every time i see a pubstar go apeshit about balance. i remember this one guy who was like
"you faggot!!!@!@!#@ YOU WENT DARKFACT SO OP" then he blocked me.

i gotta say, i think you topped that

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so saying get rid of pots is like saying get rid of the random button... I think it pisess u off that ppl use pots and that u think the game dosnt need them... Hero attack sucks...... But to be honest pots are what allows me to get a kill or run away from an angry geist

shmo11100

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 22
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Sandman on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:39 am

if every good player on this website disagrees with your idea dont you think maybe you're just wrong? i think you're just mad because you suck

Sandman

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  laerik on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:41 am

Ballistixz wrote:
rofl no. in starcraft its called APM and APM is NO INDICATION OF PLAYER SKILL. you can get away with fairly low APM in SC and still be a pro player. one good example is idra. machanically he is one of the best in the world with his fingers and yet still managest to get beat by players with significantly lower APM then him. so no your logic/point is void because APM/quick fingers do not determine the game in SC and SC2.

So much wrong everywhere. No "APM/quick fingers do not determine the game in SC and SC2." and not in ct either, but it is a factor. We were not talking about general skill, fast fingers is a skill. More effective apm means you can accomplish more but that doesn't mean you're making the right decisions for your actions.

Can't we just turn this thread into a spiderman thread instead of this nonsense...
avatar
laerik

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-10-16
Location : Sweden (home of S.A.Naniwa)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Ballistixz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:45 am

Executioner wrote:
dota and even marine fucking arena (both of which are constantly on first page) has a higher skill cap then CT.
Now I know you're retarded. Dota hasnt been on front page in forever and marine arena is easy.

i meant SOTIS my bad. and no marinearena takes shit ton more skill then this game.

Ballistixz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Modesty on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:46 am

Ballistixz wrote:

rofl no. in starcraft its called APM and APM is NO INDICATION OF PLAYER SKILL. you can get away with fairly low APM in SC and still be a pro player. one good example is idra. machanically he is one of the best in the world with his fingers and yet still managest to get beat by players with significantly lower APM then him. so no your logic/point is void because APM/quick fingers do not determine the game in SC and SC2.


also LOL no bro. dota and even marine fucking arena (both of which are constantly on first page) has a higher skill cap then CT. so no that isnt the reason for its low popularity. stop kidding yourself.


The high skill group is a subset of the high apm group. The thing that does matter is how much of the correct actions you do during the game. Higher apm does not mean you do the right thing, but doing a lot of right things give you higher apm.
Plz learn to make the distinction.
Doing the right thing with you high apm is skill. You need good aim, good game sense, good "reading" of you opponents and so on. And when you learn to play the game it is those things that really separate a good player from someone that only knows how to pot and do the correct combo.
And then we have the aspect of build orders / shop orders and teamwork...

And i really don't see the point you are trying to make? If you don't like the game just don't play it? But do not come to us and start bitching about really stupid shit.
avatar
Modesty

Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Ballistixz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:10 am

Modesty wrote:
Ballistixz wrote:

rofl no. in starcraft its called APM and APM is NO INDICATION OF PLAYER SKILL. you can get away with fairly low APM in SC and still be a pro player. one good example is idra. machanically he is one of the best in the world with his fingers and yet still managest to get beat by players with significantly lower APM then him. so no your logic/point is void because APM/quick fingers do not determine the game in SC and SC2.


also LOL no bro. dota and even marine fucking arena (both of which are constantly on first page) has a higher skill cap then CT. so no that isnt the reason for its low popularity. stop kidding yourself.


The high skill group is a subset of the high apm group. The thing that does matter is how much of the correct actions you do during the game. Higher apm does not mean you do the right thing, but doing a lot of right things give you higher apm.
Plz learn to make the distinction.
Doing the right thing with you high apm is skill. You need good aim, good game sense, good "reading" of you opponents and so on. And when you learn to play the game it is those things that really separate a good player from someone that only knows how to pot and do the correct combo.
And then we have the aspect of build orders / shop orders and teamwork...

And i really don't see the point you are trying to make? If you don't like the game just don't play it? But do not come to us and start bitching about really stupid shit.

yes because heroes like geist, any of the melee heroes, or arcane with his shitly large AOE making it impossible to miss anything actually requires concentrated aim. CT is shit bro, get off your high horse and face facts. just stop kidding yourselves. ill admit some heroes like SH and zava takes aim, but the majority of heroes just dont require much aiming at all. megagun another example.

Ballistixz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  laerik on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 am

Ballistixz wrote:CT is shit bro

If you dont like it...

avatar
laerik

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-10-16
Location : Sweden (home of S.A.Naniwa)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  pacman on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:20 am

first of all: you are not any of our "brothers"
second: what you are saying just proves that you are the equivalent of a silver-league player... at best (mega takes no skill and arcane takes no aim? lolwut?)
third: if bronze-league players can't comment on balance in sc2, what makes you think a pubstar (if even) can comment on balance in ct?
fourth: if this game is "shit" and everyone here "is on their high horses" what are you doing here? seriously, gtfo


i think this concludes this thread. feed the troll no more please and refrain from commenting.

pacman

Posts : 483
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Modesty on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:28 am

Ballistixz wrote:

yes because heroes like geist, any of the melee heroes, or arcane with his shitly large AOE making it impossible to miss anything actually requires concentrated aim. CT is shit bro, get off your high horse and face facts. just stop kidding yourselves. ill admit some heroes like SH and zava takes aim, but the majority of heroes just dont require much aiming at all. megagun another example.

Well some heroes requires less aim at certain times (e.g. arcane is very hard to aim lategame, but "easy" earlygame). Perhaps some melee don't need so much aim, but you need other skills, like charge canceling (which is like the hardest thing ever), good positioning and so on.

In IH everyone uses pots but the difference in skill is still very big, care to explain?
avatar
Modesty

Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Rip on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:59 am

just dont require much aiming at all. megagun another example.

Ever tried hitting c and v endgame? it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder to hit than any other skill (except janne's v) cauz it has delay and is slower than any other skill so stop talkin trash when u dont know anything about the game...u're just a pissed off kid that prob just got raped by a noob using a hp pot early and ragequitted cauz pg is op since it burns mana and u cant outburst hp pot on him!!....now gtfo l2p get a brain and go play ur marine arena since it take all the "skills" u have to just launch troops in amove and go afk...
avatar
Rip

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pots still bull shit

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum