City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  IronThunder on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:09 am

I am a moderately good Janne player, but I am not good enough yet. I am planning to enter the BoA when I get better. Here is my common build:

Lvl 0: Mana
Lvl 1-2: Mana, Mana
Lvl 3: Damage, Damage
Lvl 4: Damage, DW
Lvl 5: Damage, Damage
Lvl 6: Shield, Vision
Lvl 7: Range, Damage
Lvl 8-: Max damage, max speed, get armor

What I buy:
750: M. Regen
750: M. Regen
500: Mana Pack
800: Booster
750: M. Regen
350: Pot
Then shields, m. regen packs, and pots. At lvl 15+, I start adding cards and health pots

I use energy balls and 1 gods wrath to get to lvl 2, and then use gods wrath and arrow to kill creep and heroes, respectively. I use forcefields to protect/trap/escape until I get DW, then I put it slightly in front of hero or on ramp so they run into it. If they don't go towords it I shoot them to push them back. I use energy balls to get vision up cliffs. I shield and shoot then run when in a bad situation, or just run. The main cards I use are armor cards, block cards, and speed cards (remind me if those even exist; I'd use them if they do Question )

That's how I play Janne, any suggestions?

IronThunder

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SadFace on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 am

uhh if u go dw, just go 4 mana level 3 dw and just do the whole melee pot timings, with a similar sorta melee build and earlier speed... its basically only for starving ppl out and sniping them, obviously wont work against blinkers and a good range burst could counter kill u when ur launching an arrow

shop order: whats the point for the mana pack?

also curse in general is better allows u to go econ while still remaining a threat also its a brilliant support and really good damage, plus fucks up melee... the only real good thing bout dw is u can still use the ball vision to see up hill afaik and u can still trap them uphill and shiftqueue a few arrows on them. That being said DW destroys heroes that need to dominate early game but cant escape eg duran,lur,zedait

SadFace

Posts : 468
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SungJ on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:42 am

IronThunder wrote:Lvl 0: Mana
Lvl 1-2: Mana, Mana
Lvl 3: Damage, Damage
Lvl 4: Damage, DW
Lvl 5: Damage, Damage
Lvl 6: Shield, Vision
Lvl 7: Range, Damage
Lvl 8-: Max damage, max speed, get armor

What I buy:
750: M. Regen
750: M. Regen
500: Mana Pack
800: Booster
750: M. Regen
350: Pot
Then shields, m. regen packs, and pots. At lvl 15+, I start adding cards and health pots

I use energy balls and 1 gods wrath to get to lvl 2, and then use gods wrath and arrow to kill creep and heroes, respectively. I use forcefields to protect/trap/escape until I get DW, then I put it slightly in front of hero or on ramp so they run into it. If they don't go towords it I shoot them to push them back. I use energy balls to get vision up cliffs. I shield and shoot then run when in a bad situation, or just run. The main cards I use are armor cards, block cards, and speed cards (remind me if those even exist; I'd use them if they do Question )

That's how I play Janne, any suggestions?



Nice job and thanks for putting up this topic. As a feedback, let me share my curse Janne build briefly.

[KrK's Janne D'Arc Build]

{Stats}
Lvl 1: mana
Lvl 2-3: 2mana (total of 5 mana)
Lvl 4: 2attack
Lvl 5: attack, shield
Lvl 6-7: 2attack
Lvl 8: vision, curse
Lvl 9: 2attack
Lvl 10-14: 1attack 1speed
Lvl 15-19: 2attack
Lvl 20: 1attack 1armor/health
Lvl 21-: all armor/health

{Shops}
3 Mana Regen -> Booster -> Shield -> Max Mana Regen & Shield -> Portal
-> 1 or 2 Shield Regen packs -> Health Packs -> Ress Packs or Armor Packs
*Key Point: No pots till 3 regen. Minimize small expenses early game. Speed Cards are must from mid game.

Please understand ahead of time through my replays that my Janne is mid-late game support heavy style.

SungJ
Admin

Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  NoonEe on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:00 am

That looks like ystriumph style Smile
avatar
NoonEe

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-09-05
Location : Whiterun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SungJ on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 am

NoonEe wrote:That looks like ystriumph style Smile

Yup you got it right

SungJ
Admin

Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  IronThunder on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:13 pm

SadFace wrote:uhh if u go dw, just go 4 mana level 3 dw and just do the whole melee pot timings, with a similar sorta melee build and earlier speed... its basically only for starving ppl out and sniping them, obviously wont work against blinkers and a good range burst could counter kill u when ur launching an arrow

shop order: whats the point for the mana pack?

also curse in general is better allows u to go econ while still remaining a threat also its a brilliant support and really good damage, plus fucks up melee... the only real good thing bout dw is u can still use the ball vision to see up hill afaik and u can still trap them uphill and shiftqueue a few arrows on them. That being said DW destroys heroes that need to dominate early game but cant escape eg duran,lur,zedait

Thnx this was really helpful. Very Happy The only problem is if you don't get the mana pack, you can only cast 1-2 arrows after DW (especially with only 4 mana), and melee heroes tend to be strong Basketball But with the card, you can shoot 3 (This might have changed with patch 1.4.4 or whatever, so tell me if this still applies)

Also with 4 m. regens you can get continuos energy balls, so that's why you get those quick.

Another point: If you've ever played Janne (a lot) then you know that lur is dangerous if you get curse instead of DW with his hook (but if he gets mode, he is even more vulnerable than the rest. Also, he can't hit you with anything melee while inside DW).

Another question Question : Does the DW prevent escape spells (eg., blink, headbutt, ect.), because I'm pretty sure it does.

Thnx cyclops

IronThunder

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  NoonEe on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:34 pm

IronThunder wrote:
Another point: If you've ever played Janne (a lot) then you know that lur is dangerous if you get curse instead of DW with his hook (but if he gets mode, he is even more vulnerable than the rest. Also, he can't hit you with anything melee while inside DW).

Another question Question : Does the DW prevent escape spells (eg., blink, headbutt, ect.), because I'm pretty sure it does.

Thnx cyclops

No, it does not. But imo curse is better in almost every scenario. For mode you still have normal ff. Now with that vision nerf it might be better against some, but I still prefer curse over dw.
avatar
NoonEe

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-09-05
Location : Whiterun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  IronThunder on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:48 pm

NoonEe wrote:
No, it does not. But imo curse is better in almost every scenario. For mode you still have normal ff. Now with that vision nerf it might be better against some, but I still prefer curse over dw.

Really? Thnx alien . But I watched a whole bunch of iDra videos bounce and I think that DW is still very good. One other reason I use DWs is because I'm a n00b with forcefields Sad

Oh also can someone (hopefully iDra Smile ) post some of his replays here? (He's the reason I'm taking Janne to the BoA - he is my c.t. god!)

Thnx to anyone who posts and iDra if he can post his vids/advice here!

IronThunder

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  NoonEe on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:23 pm

dood, go to replays section and watch YsTriumphs Janne replays.
avatar
NoonEe

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-09-05
Location : Whiterun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SungJ on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:08 pm

I guess my BoA Janne replays don't attract people lol T_T

SungJ
Admin

Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  >Fun< on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Lil' tipp: Steel crate if u lane against a melee with Force Field-trolling. :3

e: Doesn't work against FF, Chimera, Horus & Fobos (think I'm not sure, coz they have a little bit of range).
avatar
>Fun<

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-11-12
Location : DE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  Cyclo on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 pm

I once asked iDra why he used DW instead of curse.

His response: Cas its so easy Brah

However, Mishen, Koreans, KrK, most Janne's, use curse. I prefer DW vs. Cliffwalkers because they can go around forcefields, after you curse them they can fly over a cliff(in the middle) and escape out of your range. While with DW the cliffwalkers are stuck in 1 spot and since most cliffwalkers are pretty fragile you should have no trouble dispatching them after. However Curse is still way better lategame and is more pot efficient early game.

Cyclo

Posts : 343
Join date : 2011-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  NoonEe on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:07 pm

you can trap cliffwalkers with forcefield (its even enough to forcefield the cliff so they cant... cliffwalk). the thing is that the better you get with aiming your forcefields, the lesser benefits you get from dw, cause it has no extra effects like prevent blink etc.

Means with unlimited skill -> forcefields = dw
avatar
NoonEe

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-09-05
Location : Whiterun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  pacman on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:55 pm

GUYZ REALLY

there are only 2 good curse janne players to listen to:
NA --> SungJ
KR --> YsT

idra was good back in his day, but the "decent inhouser" today is about where he was/is.
so protip dude: find a new c.t. god. if you want a janne, choose krk/sungj (same person) or ystriumph.


pacman

Posts : 483
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  michi on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 pm

IronThunder wrote:
NoonEe wrote:
No, it does not. But imo curse is better in almost every scenario. For mode you still have normal ff. Now with that vision nerf it might be better against some, but I still prefer curse over dw.

Really? Thnx alien . But I watched a whole bunch of iDra videos bounce and I think that DW is still very good. One other reason I use DWs is because I'm a n00b with forcefields Sad

Oh also can someone (hopefully iDra Smile ) post some of his replays here? (He's the reason I'm taking Janne to the BoA - he is my c.t. god!)

Thnx to anyone who posts and iDra if he can post his vids/advice here!
Curse changed since you watched the replay of idra in boa, also i think he laned vs duran and big FF very good vs dur and little ff were a bit more expensiv

michi

Posts : 83
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  IronThunder on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 pm

michi wrote:
IronThunder wrote:
NoonEe wrote:
No, it does not. But imo curse is better in almost every scenario. For mode you still have normal ff. Now with that vision nerf it might be better against some, but I still prefer curse over dw.

Really? Thnx alien . But I watched a whole bunch of iDra videos bounce and I think that DW is still very good. One other reason I use DWs is because I'm a n00b with forcefields Sad

Oh also can someone (hopefully iDra Smile ) post some of his replays here? (He's the reason I'm taking Janne to the BoA - he is my c.t. god!)

Thnx to anyone who posts and iDra if he can post his vids/advice here!
Curse changed since you watched the replay of idra in boa, also i think he laned vs duran
and big FF very good vs dur and little ff were a bit more expensiv

Ok ok I get the idea I'll get the curse. If you really think curse is better, I'll try and get good with it (although I really like DWs, they should buff them).

P.S: I think I'll go with SungJ/KrK (no offense ystruimph)

IronThunder

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  pacman on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:39 pm

lol you have no idea who ystriumph is, do you?

pacman

Posts : 483
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  IronThunder on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:45 am

pacman wrote:lol you have no idea who ystriumph is, do you?

No. And all I know of SungJ are his posts.

IronThunder

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SadFace on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:15 am

IronThunder wrote:
Thnx this was really helpful. Very Happy The only problem is if you don't get the mana pack, you can only cast 1-2 arrows after DW (especially with only 4 mana), and melee heroes tend to be strong Basketball But with the card, you can shoot 3 (This might have changed with patch 1.4.4 or whatever, so tell me if this still applies)

Another point: If you've ever played Janne (a lot) then you know that lur is dangerous if you get curse instead of DW with his hook (but if he gets mode, he is even more vulnerable than the rest. Also, he can't hit you with anything melee while inside DW).
Thnx cyclops

1) if u go dw, u can go complete aggro so use pots and u can land cxvcxv shift v

2) u cant really die in lur vs janne since any time he hooks right after his mana goes sky high just throw up ur shield and he wasted his pot, otherwise control high ground and he has no way of approaching u


P.S. iDra is outdated/rusty/not active now but positioning/gaming sense/carrying/supporting hes still the best NA player to hav set foot on EU to this date, BY FAR the hardest person iv had to get into range for unless hes won the game by that point and just charged in to wear the defences down but yea nevertheless go learn from ystriumph (top korean curse janne) or that dude that does DW as janne (YST did it like 1 game in the stuff that he posted but there is another guy who is good with DW tho not sure if DW still really exists)


SadFace

Posts : 468
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  pacman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:19 am

old sch replays from tournament 4 have good dw play (from back when it was a giant ff xD)

pacman

Posts : 483
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SungJ on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:44 am

pacman wrote:GUYZ REALLY

there are only 2 good curse janne players to listen to:
NA --> SungJ
KR --> YsT

idra was good back in his day, but the "decent inhouser" today is about where he was/is.
so protip dude: find a new c.t. god. if you want a janne, choose krk/sungj (same person) or ystriumph.


<3 >3< >_<

SungJ
Admin

Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SungJ on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 am

IronThunder wrote:No. And all I know of SungJ are his posts.

Come visit "cityoftempest" channel on 7pm pst tues/wed/thursday and pm me. We can talk about Janne Smile

SungJ
Admin

Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  IronThunder on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:51 pm

SungJ wrote:
IronThunder wrote:No. And all I know of SungJ are his posts.

Come visit "cityoftempest" channel on 7pm pst tues/wed/thursday and pm me. We can talk about Janne Smile

sure.

pm? Question confused

And it's IronThunder Evil or Very Mad

IronThunder

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  IronThunder on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 am

Yeah so do I.

And I know Im a n00b, but post meridium?

IronThunder

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  SungJ on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 am

I mean 7 o'clock on the evening.

SungJ
Admin

Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City Of Tempest: Janne D'Arc

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum