Patch Notes - Translation [11/14]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Patch Notes - Translation [11/14]

Post  Pseudoku on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 pm

I found Fobos to be better overall compared to Orochi. His ulti seems quite useful for initiation.

Pseudoku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 am

1. This comment has nothing to do with what I said. Based on the early game, I would reverse the tiers imo, but that may only be relevant here in NA. I agree they are ahead of us, although I wouldn't say by 6 months. That's a bit of a gross exaggeration. Nevertheless, it's all relative. The hero choices in Korea are probably a lot more consistent in Tier 1 (I have no clue, never played there), so because of that tendency I am guessing that's why he fell into Tier 4 there. Where people don't pick always all Tier 1 heroes with aggro harass, I still think his early game is better than Fobos and in NA I feel he's stronger considering most of the average matchups you find here.

Essentially, because the community isn't as serious or as developed here, I would actually argue we have a totally different tier system based on the average level of play.

2+4. Ok. Orochi gets hard later in the game not because he is "bad" but because his combination does not give as much burst as other top melees like Duran, Genesic and in a lesser way BH. Might Monk is pretty easy to use compared to Orochi, and this comparison has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I said Orochi is hard to use because late game the style of play is much different than early game and requires more positional play and several combinations. Genesic as a counter example can just jump you and usually finish with one combo that requires no aiming skills. "Bad" =/= "hard to use" (monk as the example), but hard to use does equal bad.

3. Combo is relatively easy once you get the hang of it, however again it's drastically less effective later in the game. And again, if we are taking your average person who is going to learn a hero, I would say Orochi's style is not one of the easiest of the melees.

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:42 pm

tbh even in early-mid i dont find u can kill with 1 burst... and thats a huge kick in the teeth

SadFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikumo on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:52 pm

omgod. Everyone stop theorycrafting. Orochi and fobos sucks. Hardcore. Don't use them. Done and done.

Ikumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:35 pm

This isn't theory crafting. Since the heroes came out, I've played Orochi inhouse versus all our top players here including Artemis. I haven't played Fobos more than twice, but I've seen him played. So, this is based on relevant experience.

Anyway. Orochi will be buffed regardless in the next patch so I look forward to it because although he may lose the game, he wins the cool award Very Happy

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 pm

hes got a big red sword thats auto win Very Happy but then he fails to kill anything with it XD

SadFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikumo on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:18 am

SadFace wrote:hes got a big red sword thats auto win Very Happy but then he fails to kill anything with it XD

Can you actually do anything to the game?

Like- giving orochi's mode +20 armor and a not fugly as hell mode?

Ikumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 am

Ok so back to Fobos. i was playing with a good friend Tofte and he played a lot with Fobos lately. He uses a 1 mana build and i must say he owns Fobos might not be for all but what i saw he is good and i think we will still see him grow in popularity. Twisted Evil
After-Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michi on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 pm

After-Life wrote:Ok so back to Fobos. i was playing with a good friend Tofte and he played a lot with Fobos lately. He uses a 1 mana build and i must say he owns Fobos might not be for all but what i saw he is good and i think we will still see him grow in popularity. Twisted Evil
1 mana wont work for ih. i think 3 is minimum so you can farm with x at lvl2

michi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:34 pm

michi wrote:
After-Life wrote:Ok so back to Fobos. i was playing with a good friend Tofte and he played a lot with Fobos lately. He uses a 1 mana build and i must say he owns Fobos might not be for all but what i saw he is good and i think we will still see him grow in popularity. Twisted Evil
Well Michi i always listen to your comments as you are one of the best players in EU but the game we had where Tofte played Fobos he leveled 1mana and you saw how strong he got. I know we ganged you and that was the best move we could think of o wait i ran away and tried to level in other lane so two team mates ganged you i was to scared Mad
After-Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Well, as we saw, even neriam is good when he's fed ^_^
NoonEe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Even Neiram is good? Neiram is an extremely good hero with a high skill ceiling. I'm surprised people haven't played him considering he's been nerfed enough. I guess it's still the taint of OP that people don't like.

Cyclo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michi on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:04 pm

After-Life wrote:
michi wrote:
Well Michi i always listen to your comments as you are one of the best players in EU but the game we had where Tofte played Fobos he leveled 1mana and you saw how strong he got. I know we ganged you and that was the best move we could think of o wait i ran away and tried to level in other lane so two team mates ganged you i was to scared Mad
i said it wont work in ih. if you play against a pub who doesnt even know that you can split marines and that pots exists almost evry build works

michi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Ok sry. You are right just dont pawn me to hard next time we meet
After-Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content