Balance Suggestion For Zedait

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balance Suggestion For Zedait

Post  nobeardasian on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:34 am

After the nerfs to Zedait, he has become extremely unpopular. Pre-nerf, he already had a difficult time late game and now it is even worse. He has extremely low DPS and serves as purely support, if even that. Here are some changes that I feel would make Zedait more viable. These are only suggestions. I am not asking for every single one of these to be implemented, but it would be nice for some of them to be taken under consideration. I honestly believe that a combination of some of these suggestions would make Zedait much more playable again.

[T] Tri-Strike
-I noticed that after he uses "stim"/Tri-Strike, if he moves before the attack animation is complete, it does not do full damage. Increase the attack speed so that it is more uniform with the animation.

-Why is this spell called Tri-Strike when it only doubles the damage of his normal attack. Either change the name or actually triple the damage Razz

[Z] Deadball
- Increase 2nd attack search ball range to 7. It used to be 10 and now it is 5. a Range of 7 would allow Zedait a better way to control the lane and check towers.

-Bring back secondary damage splash, but lower the damage.

[X] Cyon Field
- Make damage equal in any position. Currently, Cyon Field only does the tool tip damage directly in the middle of the spell. The outer layer of the spell does a significant less amount of damage. Medic's "storm" attack and Soul Hunter's storm does equal damage wherever a hero is in the spell.

-Currently Cyon Field does #damage x 20. Reduce the time the spell lasts and increase the damage. At max attack, Cyon Field does 105 x 20 = 2100 damage. To increase his DPS without making the attack more powerful, 140 X 15 = 2100 damage or 175 x 12 = 2100 damage.

- Give this attack a small % of slow such as Decrease Movement Speed by 10% or so.

[C] Jade Breaker
-Increase the hit zone for Jade Breaker. Currently the hit zone is extremely small and the attack can completely miss if it is off by a small area. Possibly increase splash damage?

- Make the attack similar to Lur's Laser attack. If the projectiles fly over an object or hero, it takes damage. Doesn't have to be full damage but some.

-Make the projectiles closer together so that more projectiles can hit a single target or increase the amount of projectiles from 5 to 7 and lower the damage a little.

-Decrease cool down by 1 second for easier spam!

[F] Hellstrike
- I don't know if there was an unannounced nerf, but it feels like people have longer than 2 seconds to blink or escape from the bubble. If so, reduce the amount of time a hero has to escape from the ultimate. Many heroes including Zava, Soul Hunter, Abel, Blade Hunter, Force Fire, and more, can easily escape from Zedait's ultimate with plenty of time to react.

-As soon as Hellstrike is cast, Zedait should begin to do damage. Currently there is a 2 second delay before he starts shooting.

-If Zedait does anything during the channeling of his ultimate, the spell is cancelled automatically. I suggest that if Zedait moves, or uses another spell that his attack stops, BUT the bubble remains for the full amount of time. Currently the bubble lasts 4 seconds. I don't think it would be too big of a buff for the bubble to be used as a slow for 4 seconds considering he has no other way of slowing people.

-Reduce the amount of attacks and increase damage. Similar to Cyon Field, currently, Hellstrike does 269 x 15 = 4035. How about 404 x 10 = 4040 damage. This would allow Zedait to increase his DPS and not be forced to sit there for a long period of time and get ganked.

Miscellaneous Suggestions and Thoughts:
- New Attack! [V] It would be useful if Zedait had an attack that could create distance between himself and another hero. Similar to Dark Fact's AoE attack or Megagun's Psi-Bullet. Zedait has low HP and usually dies if is caught in close range fights.

-Increase HP?

-Late game Zedait is almost useless. He does so little damage and has so little HP, that he can barely play support for his team. I realize that he is a decent building killer, but his late game PvP is non-existent. Zedait is very strong early/mid-game, but most higher skill level games last til Max Level or around there which is when Zedait reaches his ceiling cap and becomes ineffective. There has to be someway to increase his late game abilities without making him more OP mid game.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions. I am one of the very few Zedait players on the NA server and it makes me sad to see such a good character get nerfed so badly. It should be evident that the nerf was too much when Ping gave up on Zedait Sad

Let me know what you guys think! Feedback and suggestions please.

Oh and here is my troll suggestion: Make Zedait constantly Boostered so he moves at 11 speed at all times. K Thanks

nobeardasian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Balance Suggestion For Zedait

Post  pacman on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:29 am

sounds really good. alot of these suggestions are really smart. you guys should listen to boneard... he is very experienced zedait.

obviously zedait only needs a few of these, nobeard suggested like 15... even 2 or 3 could bring zedait back.
iu is nerfing abel cuz abel obviously superior support. mayb he could buff other supporters like zed instead.

unfortunately, though, i dont think iu gives shit wut na thinks. Sad
but, worth try if u can ask him. i support giving a couple of these changes.

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:49 am

nobeardasian wrote:
[F] Hellstrike
- I don't know if there was an unannounced nerf, but it feels like people have longer than 2 seconds to blink or escape from the bubble. If so, reduce the amount of time a hero has to escape from the ultimate. Many heroes including Zava, Soul Hunter, Abel, Blade Hunter, Force Fire, and more, can easily escape from Zedait's ultimate with plenty of time to react.

-As soon as Hellstrike is cast, Zedait should begin to do damage. Currently there is a 2 second delay before he starts shooting.

-If Zedait does anything during the channeling of his ultimate, the spell is cancelled automatically. I suggest that if Zedait moves, or uses another spell that his attack stops, BUT the bubble remains for the full amount of time. Currently the bubble lasts 4 seconds. I don't think it would be too big of a buff for the bubble to be used as a slow for 4 seconds considering he has no other way of slowing people.

-Reduce the amount of attacks and increase damage. Similar to Cyon Field, currently, Hellstrike does 269 x 15 = 4035. How about 404 x 10 = 4040 damage. This would allow Zedait to increase his DPS and not be forced to sit there for a long period of time and get ganked.

Oh and here is my troll suggestion: Make Zedait constantly Boostered so he moves at 11 speed at all times. K Thanks
Well this is really a good idea and i can see you have a lot of passion for Zadait. After watching some replays of the KR finals i thought i would like to main him but then realized that he was nerfed so much and went for diff hero. But out of all the of you suggestions i like the F buff more it would make him much better PvP and i think he would become popular again. Well i hope that IU will consider this coming from you.
After-Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

T_T

Post  Chr1s on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 am

The funny thing is how does IU see this does he even know about the website? if he does i'm total n00b don't listen to the sentence above =)

Anyways i feel so bad for Nobeardasian(fellow nobeard asian) because he practiced zedait when pacman was born and now its nerfed to an extent that NOBEARDASIAN IS PLAYING STARSTRIKE !! GOD DAMN IT CT!!!

Chr1s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nobeardasian on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:46 am

ITS STAR BATTLE and i am a noob overall so shrug. Ping is doing fine. I just haven't kept up with the times Sad

nobeardasian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michi on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:34 am

Chr1s wrote:The funny thing is how does IU see this does he even know about the website? if he does i'm total n00b don't listen to the sentence above =)

Anyways i feel so bad for Nobeardasian(fellow nobeard asian) because he practiced zedait when pacman was born and now its nerfed to an extent that NOBEARDASIAN IS PLAYING STARSTRIKE !! GOD DAMN IT CT!!!
iu knew about that page but i think they dont care so much. also mapmacker changed i think

michi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 pm

michi wrote:
Chr1s wrote:The funny thing is how does IU see this does he even know about the website? if he does i'm total n00b don't listen to the sentence above =)

iu knew about that page but i think they dont care at all. also mapmacker changed i think

fixed
NoonEe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top