Patch Notes - Translation [10/15]

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Patch Notes - Translation [10/15]

Post  Cyclo on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Please show the list. You are extremely unbiased after the Soul Hunter buff I never even heard you mention it.

Cyclo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 pm

showing your opinion on other people's opinion is not bad.

please show Very Happy Very Happy

thanks!

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleSabbath on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:48 pm

SungJ wrote:Ok today all day I've been going through words like "OP" "Useless" "tier ranks" for characters in CT.
I scratched a list of tire ranks of characters referring from the Korean forums.
Would you guys like me to post this "KR standard tier rank list" on a seperate thread and update it after each patch?

Technically in this forum we are more than free to show opinions about character balance for this game
but I'm asking ahead of time just because I want to be certain if that list will help these issues to get settled down.
I'm also kind of hesitant because I am a map/patch translator
so I am afraid if my action to post that thing up might result as a loss in credit of my neutrality.
Yet the reason I bring up this question is that I want to provide a clear reference to what balance seems in top level.

If you want to hear about this list of tiers or not from me please let me know.
I'd love to see and discuss that list. Please make a separate post.

PurpleSabbath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyperi0n on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:45 pm

No gaiz, you gotta listen to alexander as he is always right, like when he said that fang didnt need a buff... oh wait.

Hyperi0n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michi on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:46 pm

+1 for list

michi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:56 pm

plz post list, and I hope it says horus isn't op so I can stop being mad xD

Thrallsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Thrallsa wrote:plz post list, and I hope it says horus isn't op so I can stop being mad xD

Horus not op, you just bad.
Modesty

View user profile http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:34 pm

@ Hyperinoob

Never said fang needed a buff. In fact if I recall the original thread back at the old forum, both iDra and I were going back and forth with you because your initial post was trashing this hero and saying he is useless and sucks, etc. etc.

@ Pacnoob

I did play Horus after he came out. He is now probably the no.1 melee hero as far as early PvP, and I would even wager that I could probably beat BH with him because of the huge boost to feedback. As far losing the lane, there are plenty of heroes that can own or shutdown Horus. In the end he cannot push, and that is his biggest disadvantage, since in that respect he will always lose his lane.

Everyone talking about Horus who hasn't actually played him consistently before the patch doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about. Horus maybe very scary now early game, but in the mid-late game he is useless unless always around his team. And even in team situations, there are now heroes that can shut him down post-silence like Krizard or other trap heroes. Unless the silence neutralizes all traps and major slows, then it's a huge nerf to his late game ability with no compensation in pushing ability.

And he is the best support hero currently. A group silence with 60% slow and widest AoE trumps all of Abel's abilities put together.

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:28 pm

i agree with almost everything you said.

but, i don't care what role he fills- support pvp push... w/e
doesn't change the fact that he is the scariest hero in the game

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 pm

scariest really depends on your point of view. As Janne D'Arcce I lol at Horus since I just throw down a ton of forcefields for distance then run up a ramp and keep forcefielding and Horus can't do anything about it. But that's Janne, Soul Hunter who runs up to a tower with a horus sitting at it can get totally owned by the fact he can't get away without blink and is easy to kill. So once again Horus counters certain chars. but loses badly to others. Hades with pylon for example.

Cyclo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Horus does look scary, doesn't he? On that note, the only scary Janne I've ever played was iDra. :/

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:28 am

imo the characters that are imbalanced-- they, for various reasons, have mechanics that break the game (game breaking is different than too powerful)-- are horus (a lot) and janne (very close to balanced, only needs a few tweaks)

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:26 am

Saying Horus breaks the game is a pretty gross exaggeration. I think (with good reason) why a lot of people QQ about Horus is because the silence is so annoying and limiting psychologically to a person's freedom that naturally it evokes anger.

In the end though, we look at silence as a concept of limiting a player's ability and by that virtue you can say a lot of heroes have that feature. So are we going to scrap the trapping heroes as well? Silence does no damage and is a targeted skill that can be avoided by a lot of heroes through various ways. I don't see how Horus breaks the game at all when he is lacking in many aspects and especially late game with this patch.

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:47 am

Where's that tier list SungJ? I really want to see it. Also we don't care if your nuetral or not. In fact we expect you to be biased but we don't care since everybody knows, you're the TRANSLATOR not the MAP MAKER. So all you do is say what the patch is going to be. If you were the map creator then I want you to be unbiased but since you're not I don't care about neutrality and I would highly like ot see your opinions.

Cyclo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

horus

Post  Chr1s on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:08 am

Horus in my opinion was op before because if you get hit by silence your .... useless but even if your behind because of horus u can easily catch up by mana pot and pushing

80% buff in skill dmg ??~?!?!??!? when ult WTF IS THAT WTF WTF WTF
but it may not seem as op because i don't play horus (melee character with no charge is boring Laughing )

so as long as you don't play vagullion, hades (but pylon al ot of dmg), gaia, geist (intercepters does quite a bit of dmg i guess..), phantom and zedait etc i think you won't be eaten by horus.

does silence reduce dmg now??
if it does i mean silence still serve similar purpose.

ugh vagullion with no ult is ... g@y.

but i c why alex is complaining

he doesn't want to do any support, he wants KILLS cheers
but i don't see the point why alex even cares since he quit .. T_T want you BACK!

Chr1s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:19 am

The reason I bitch about horus atm is that I main melee, and now he is like the ultimate melee counter (except duran) T.T And if something counter melee, you better know that people in EU start to main it lol.

Thrallsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:51 am

Horus is now top tier melee vs melee ranking #1. Even against Duran, silence has a longer range than upswing, so his best bet is to upswing and gtfo. Silence canceling mode post-cast means now there is no melee option versus Horus.

Even pacnoob's glittering blade hunter.

Shutting you down is not OP, and again I know why people QQ about silence because it's one of the gayest skills in PvP. But personally, I found upswing/icemage much more annoying because it actually deselects you. But aside all that, Horus is/was far from OP because he has a very specific function. The heroes that need balance considerations are those that can serve all 3 purposes at excelling level (cough, Megagun, cough). But in the end most heroes are countered by at least one or two, so OP would only mean if there was no counter. And when it comes to Horus there are plenty of counters.

Like Macanas.

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:21 am

I guess I will post that list thing up soon,

but I got to say I really do not like people complaining about heroes before players,

so do not take that list excessively and just think of it as referrence.

SungJ
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Thrallsa wrote:The reason I bitch about horus atm is that I main melee, and now he is like the ultimate melee counter (except duran) T.T And if something counter melee, you better know that people in EU start to main it lol.

He is just amazing support, esp if comboed with something really really gay, like judgement. And it is so hard to win lane against him -_-
NoonEe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm

uhh alex, you should see that replay i posted. pacnoob is learning new tricks. Very Happy Very Happy

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Alexander wrote:Horus is now top tier melee vs melee ranking #1. Even against Duran, silence has a longer range than upswing, so his best bet is to upswing and gtfo. Silence canceling mode post-cast means now there is no melee option versus Horus.

Even pacnoob's glittering blade hunter.

Shutting you down is not OP, and again I know why people QQ about silence because it's one of the gayest skills in PvP. But personally, I found upswing/icemage much more annoying because it actually deselects you. But aside all that, Horus is/was far from OP because he has a very specific function. The heroes that need balance considerations are those that can serve all 3 purposes at excelling level (cough, Megagun, cough). But in the end most heroes are countered by at least one or two, so OP would only mean if there was no counter. And when it comes to Horus there are plenty of counters.

Like Macanas.

Yeah I guess you are right. I went to far with my horus bitching tbh. My complaints would only be justified of feedback was overlapping so it pwned buildings I guess xD

Thrallsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:31 pm

btw to the dude that said janne vs horus is lol, be very very very careful of really random c's against towers if ur there cos 2 will kill u now XD

SadFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Silence canceling shield? Yeah. Bye bye iDra Very Happy

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Also, pacnoob - what replay? And with these changes I can hypothesize an extremely aggressive pvp build for Horus that would shut down any melee starting at level 3 (old level 2). So your trick don scaru Horuuuu!

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:19 pm

it was 70 armor mode. shut your face down son.

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top