Patch Notes - Translation [10/15]

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Patch Notes - Translation [10/15]

Post  pacman on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 pm

dude... if people dump their mana, they cant use skills.

if they use skills they have mana.

simple.

(ps its 80% not 50% so skills are useless)

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Alexander wrote:Silence is 50% reduction to skills. This means some skills that do high burst will still be significant if you use a pot.

-"Crow Darkness" has additional effect of decreasing 80% of skill damage.

SungJ
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:46 am

personal request can he make mana pot regen rate infinity or much higher than it is now pl0x, fast fingers get owned by early pot T__T

SadFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DrCloak on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:20 am

When it come in europe ?

DrCloak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BaitCity on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:03 pm

This patch looks very promising. Thanks for the hard work Sung.

BaitCity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:43 pm

80% skill reduction is pretty good, so that's fine. Initially Sungj told me it was 50% and I didn't see that in the translation so sorry.

But regarding what you said it makes no sense. "If people dump their mana then they can't use skills" ????

If they dump their mana, they dump their mana on using skills. So....wtf is that supposed to mean pacnoob?

There are 2 main problems because people can now use skills when they are silenced:

1. No mana means his primary nuke will do nothing late game and Horus was a late game hero.
2. Using skills means you can have a much higher chance of escaping even though you are silenced.

The skills aren't a problem because of the damage reduction, the problem is that now heroes that have trap spells or similar escaping spells like I mentioned before are able to use them to escape. Why is that so hard to understand that this concept alone makes Horus useless in 1 v 1 PvP?

Additionally, the feedback spell becomes useless mid to late game because people can just dump their mana and take hardly any damage. Sure, it got a huge increase for early game and I'm gonna guess that a 2 mana Horus is gonna rape now with the extra damage on feedback and he can kill just with that, but beyond the early game he becomes useless.

Horus was a late game hero that bloomed around level 12 and beyond. He was probably the only hero that had a linear growth in that the longer the game goes the stronger he got (because of silence and feedback). Now he's been made into an early game PvP hero with mid and late game becoming full support with no 1 v 1 ability.

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:03 pm

1. what i said is what i meant. how often do you fight without using a mana pot? if you try to avoid using mana pots, you either have a 1-hit kill or you have gone eco + mode. nobody 1-hit kills horus, and horus destroys mode with crow armor. YES they can dump their mana, but that means they won't be fighting. if you can prevent people from using mana pots, that is HUGE. especially in a team battle, if none of your opponents use mana pots, i promise they will lose.
bottom line, as i said before: either they use spells and mana pots to try to win the fight and they get feedbacked OR
they concede the fight, use their snares, don't pot, dump their mana and gtfo. in that case, you win giant positional advantages and map control.

2. omg so sad. all the other heros in the game have to deal with snares too. i promise horus will survive. AND, there is no guarantee: a snare will slow you more than your ult slows them, the hero even has a snare, the opponent lands a snare. this is not the end of horus.

anyway, try him out first.

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Pacnoob, your logic is flawed because you haven't played Horus.

A lot of this back and forth is theory, but from experience I can tell you that these changes are going to turn Horus into a strictly support hero.

Horus was a late game hero and when your feedback did an average of 2k (with full mana on average people had around 1000+ mana late game) you could still do some damage. But even then, with enough hp or armor people could EASILY pot their way out of Horus' kill. Early game Horus didn't shine, mid game he was the boss of PvP and late game he served only to neutralize and defend if people were same level.

Now you are looking at feedback being entirely useless late game. Don't you realize that the purpose of feedback is to USE THE MANA THEY HAVE instead of just doing primary damage? If you grasp that, then how hard is it to understand that by allowing people to dump their mana you have effectively canceled the purpose of that skill?

Late game as it is now people can pot their way out of a kill from Horus. With this patch the feedback will be a worthless 1000 damage and they will survive easily without a snare or any other type skill.

In group support his buffs are going to help a lot, I agree. The buffs on the ulti are going to make a "no fly zone" for the team and that's going to be huge, but then you have to look at the cost of these changes. Abel was really nerfed and was considered the best support hero and probably still is one of them. However, Abel can still help to push buildings up until the end. Horus is going to be a pure support hero with no pushing or 1 v 1 pvp options late game and that's my problem.

Like I said before, IDC about these changes so long as he is given some pushing power with his V skill similar to Quakers so he has SOMETHING to offer other than being there on the sidelines to help everyone else steal the show.

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:49 pm

^^ Not to mention any hero with a slow/trap can hit you, dump their mana and gtfo. Feedback is useless and if you are trapped then potting is pretty much useless since Horus needs DoT to kill you.

How can you not see that people now having the option to escape AFTER they are silenced is not a crippling disadvantage to the concept of this hero?

Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:15 pm

cos we dont hav the patch yet so we aint got a clue how it plays out....

SadFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:41 pm

no alex and i hav hakz.

we haz patch

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:50 pm

yeah we do and Gaias seems like an interesting char. being able to throw up linear walls with Earthquake has a high skill ceiling to it also his ult. is interesting as well.

Cyclo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Was it meant that megagun's 50mm bullet has zero cooldown when not using his gigagun?
Plice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Plice wrote:Was it meant that megagun's 50mm bullet has zero cooldown when not using his gigagun?

0.25 yes

SungJ
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:50 pm

I wonder how much damage you will be able to do if you shift quene the 50 mm then Surprised and yay for buffing the highest dps mode in the game already Sad

Thrallsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleSabbath on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 am

Oh my... Megagun has been so buffed, it's insane.
And Berr 9 ulti now hits in the dark...
Lur Cellant has been buffed too...

I want this patch on EU !

PurpleSabbath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikumo on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Just played horus 10 pub games in a row. 3 were in organized teams, won 9/10 games just as badly. Let me tell you, 20% against the horus tank doesn't do shit. Unless the enemy is expending all their mana on running and potting away from you, you basically killed him.

Ikumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Ikumo wrote:Just played horus 10 pub games in a row. 3 were in organized teams, won 9/10 games just as badly. Let me tell you, 20% against the horus tank doesn't do shit. Unless the enemy is expending all their mana on running and potting away from you, you basically killed him.
pubs are worthless, play ih, that will show u how the real deal is

Last edited by Macanas on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Macanas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikumo on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Macanas wrote:
Ikumo wrote:Just played horus 10 pub games in a row. 3 were in organized teams, won 9/10 games just as badly. Let me tell you, 20% against the horus tank doesn't do shit. Unless the enemy is expending all their mana on running and potting away from you, you basically killed him.
pubs are worthless, play ih, that will show u how the real deal is

IH doesn't mean anything. All you guys do is BM and say omg wtf op hero and rq. If you play enough pub games, there as some REALLY good players out there.

Ikumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Ikumo wrote:IH doesn't mean anything. All you guys do is BM and say omg wtf op hero and rq. If you play enough pub games, there as some REALLY good players out there.

Visit NA inhouse if you can. We'll give you a better idea of it.

SungJ
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:26 am

the really good players are the inhouse plyaers who are pubbing. the best non-ih player i have ever seen was babonkers, who is medium innhouse level.

pacman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:27 am

Pubs are too easy which is why I play inhouse where your guaranteed some good players and the not as skilled don't feed as much as a pub player who barely knows how to use their initial minerals. IN a pub game you can play as Abel and be the carry and own the entire other team as ABEL the number one SUPPORT character. It doesn't matter in pubs because the other team is all bad yeah you might eventually get a pub player who's randomly good aka Jaku, Psuedoku, etc. but typically they'll all suck and they'll all feed so it's a competition between you and your teammates who can kill the most stuff before they surrender. Also unless that 1 good person doesn't share and feeds on all lanes then the 1 good player will lose to the 3 good players.

Cyclo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:27 am

Ikumo wrote:
IH doesn't mean anything. All you guys do is BM and say omg wtf op hero and rq. If you play enough pub games, there as some REALLY good players out there.

Congratulations on the most ridiculous post I have ever seen in my life (including all forums in the world). By "REALLY" good players, I'm guessing you mean those with best stats aka pub stars.

Thrallsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 am

Thrallsa wrote:
Ikumo wrote:

Congratulations on the most ridiculous post I have ever seen in my life (including all forums in the world). By "REALLY" good players, I'm guessing you mean those with best stats aka pub stars.

*cough* yeah! we never rage in EU inhouse *cough*
NoonEe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyperi0n on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 pm

I called wong tong underpowered once. Idra and Alexander where all like "durr you just suck at the game you're not playing him right" Well guess what fuckers? HE GOT BUFFED. Koreans listened to me or they share the same opinions. Either way, I was right. Now Horus got a small change and Alexander is ranting on about him being underpowered? Oh god lol

Hyperi0n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top